星期一, 十一月 22, 2004

Personal Attacks... an old email revisited

Was going through some of my old emails... and came across this old email directed at me... remember feeling very upset over this... and even as I read it now, I still feel a stab.

I've edited this post. Originally posted the entire email... but after a couple of hours, I decided it's not so nice to do that... I mean, what would that make me? What purpose does it serve? So I edited this post, to take out the email...

But the email contents were scary... and it came from someone whom i thought was a friend. I was horrified at the accusations and was very hurt. I felt that I was being bullied and belittled because this person thinks that I am a young punk who deserves to be screamed at. It wasn't easy. The worse thing was someone else got dragged into this whole fiasco as well. I also lost the respect for that particular person, and in a separate email I actually wrote:"respect needs to be earned. and you've lost my respect."

The incident made me doubt my own abilities. For a long time, I was very affected by what was being said of me and my actions, and I really felt that I was a bad employee, bad peer, whatever. You wouldn't understand, if you had not been in the same situation that I was in. Left me trembling with anger, felt I was pushed to the wall, and was already "guilty by suspicion".

After that incident, I kept reminding myself to protect my own butt... I've gotten wary of people. All kinds of people, you will meet... be strong, and earn the respect. I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. It's a dog-eat-dog world...