星期一, 十一月 15, 2004

Of porridge and magazines...

The holidays are over... and I am officially down with flu. Damn the flu bug!

I haven't had flu for a year already... thanks to the flu vaccination I took a year ago. This year, I didn't take any, and I fell sick... with the horrid bug. Started feeling the "works" on Saturday morning... you know, the strange itchy throat, and bulgy eye feeling. By evening, I was sniffing away, feeling drowsy...

Anyway, I spent the whole holidays sleeping in bed. The anti-histamine sure worked! It was sad, I was hoping to enjoy myself during the break, as I was stuck in Singapore. Well, seems taht my body insists that I should be resting!

So for the whole of the 3 days, I was eating porridge and porridge, and more porridge. Who was the one who said that if someone's sick, feed him porridge? Is there any scientific proof to say the porridge is good for healing? My dearest boyfriend, insists that porridge is good for sick people! I wonder if he meant people who are sick in the brains... My mum fed me "bee tai mak" when I was sick last time... :P

So finally after 3 days of runny nose, I couldn't take it anymore. My nose was sore from the constant blowing and it made me look more like the infamous rednosed reindeer than anything else. More bulgy and watery eyes, bloodshot too, looked so sapped of energy, it made me wonder where did all the sleep go to? I looked as though I've been deprived of sleep for 3 days and 3 nights! I went to see a doctor, and waited... and waited... I think it must have been an hour, before I saw the doctor... for 3 minutes! Got some fedac and danzen and it costed me $38. All because it's public holiday and it was after 6pm.

All these time while I was at the doctor's, my lovely boyfriend surprised me by buying magazines for me... without me knowing, until I got home and opened my bag... so sweet of him... only thing is... I wonder if I'll be awake to read them...